Meeting Minutes for TCBC Board Meeting


Life Link III Board Room

Roll Call

Board Members Present: Shelby Miller, Ann Harris, Mike Kubes, Kasey Kramer, Edward Eroe, Fran Rabe, Bob Fix, Roger Fickbohm, Pete May.

Board Members Not Present: George Blank

Non-Board Members Present: Steve Scott, Doug Nelson, Pete Hawkins.

The meeting was called to order at 6:30pm.

The meeting minutes from December were reviewed. There were no corrections. A motion was made by Bob to approve the minutes, and it was seconded by Mike. There was no opposition, the motion passed.


Treasurer’s Report

Roger reviewed the account balances with the board. All accounts have been reconciled. A reserve of $1,975 has been made for old and questionable sponsorship invoices. There are no checks over 30 days old. The annual charitable trust filing is due in April. The club is ready for tax filing for fiscal year 2017. Roger will be on holiday from January to April. Tom Brix will handle checks, Roger will still be able to do some financial stuff while he is gone.


Edward told the board that the technology committee had a recent meeting, and Bob Floyd gave a report on “Ride with GPS”. Some more discussion was held about data security. Currently the committee is working on the location of documents and the posting of old meeting minutes to the website, and access to old financial data. Our website will allow the club to post information that only certain people can access for club/committee purposes.

Bob spoke to the domain registrar regarding our situation with the domain. He sent in some documents and is almost complete with the process to regain access to the domain.

Ride Stats

Bob stated there is not much to offer/update. The new night ride category has not been added yet. There is some discussion of reviewing the ride stats and calendar software for 2018.


Mike has been exchanging emails with Val regarding the swap meet. She usually finds her own staff/volunteers for the swap meet.


Mike told the board the jersey committee is developing designs with Steve and Borah. Jim is working on a secure website to view the jersey designs. There should be some design options by the next board meeting. It was discussed with Borah the possibility of offering a discount to give to ride leaders as the yearly ride leader gift. Each person is issued a “code” to use towards the purchase of a jersey or merchandise. The committee will need to find out what the budgeted amount per ride leader/VIP is this year. A motion was made by Mike to make the ride leader gift a 30 dollar code toward the purchase of a new jersey or merchandise from Borah, and it was seconded by Ann. The motion passed with no opposition.


A report was received from Mary from membership. Membership down about 4% from last year. Despite changes in numbers this year had the most number of members doing a ride than years where we had double members than now.


Doug told the board the January/February edition is currently out. There are 4 different historical articles in the newsletter. The next edition will be finished right around banquet time.

General Business


Shelby told the board that planning is underway for the banquet. The club’s 25th anniversary is the theme. Registration should be up on the website soon; Jim P has requested it to go up. The e-news will be held until the registration is live.

TCBC Alternative to Ironman

Doug asked that since there is no Ironman ride this year should the club offer something instead to fill that hole? No food or shelter offered, something for members only. There was a favorable response to this idea. Pete and Shelby will help Doug plan something.

Lifetime Fitness

Roger talked about Lifetime Fitness cycle club, who runs outdoor cycle rides from their various locations. Is it possible for TCBC to somehow link up with these groups for a possible collaboration? Shelby will reach out to someone from Lifetime to talk about this.

Volunteer of the Year Award

A “board members only” session was held for final nomination and vote for the volunteer of the year award.

The meeting was adjourned at 8:50pm.

Meeting minutes recorded by Kasey Kramer