Tonight's the Night... 10-25-17

More
25 Oct 2017 12:07 #2766 by Chuck Ryan
Chuck Ryan created the topic: Tonight's the Night... 10-25-17
I was originally wanted to post this ride as an official TCBC Night Ride, but couldn’t find a co-leader. It really is more about the experience, not the mileage credit anyways. A night ride gives you a completely different perspective.

Once I got back from my bike ride earlier today scouting out another route, I decided to do a night ride tonight.There isn’t any mileage credit given and there isn’t any club insurance.

I plan to do the ride from Trailhead Cycles, 11350 Aquilla Dr., Champlin at 6 pm. The route will head across the Coon Rapids Dam over into Coon Rapids and Anoka. There will be several sections to check out the lights falling on the Mississippi River. Who knows you’re headlight might catch the glimpse of a ghost or witch dancing in thin air.

You need both a front and rear light. I will be going at about a “B” pace, mapless, stay together ride. The route is on mostly roads and some trails (no Elm Creek Park Trails). I can say most people haven’t done this route…especially at night. Those who have done some sections, there are some new areas to enjoy.

I plan to use my touring bike that has wider tires, because it has lights that don’t need charging. The route can be done on a road bike, also. Bring what you have...

Contact me if you have any questions or plan to show up to ride. If anyone wants to ride I’ll show up shortly before 6 pm… I’ll be riding to Trailhead.

Hope to see you there….

Chuck Ryan

Phone: six one 2- 8 Seven 5- zero 6 4 three

CIIcanoe at gmail dot com

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.326 seconds