St. Anthony Parkway Bridge Grand Opening

More
25 Oct 2017 10:50 #2765 by Dan Miller
Dan Miller created the topic: St. Anthony Parkway Bridge Grand Opening
This Friday is forecast not to be the most pleasant day, otherwise I would have submitted a ride to the event on the calendar. Come join me to acknowledge this important occasion. Parking east of Marshall should be available and 56 Brewing is a nearby walk from the bridge. Let me know if you plan on attending. I hope to be biking from home to attend.

Dan

Celebrating the grand opening of the St. Anthony Parkway Bridge in northeast Minneapolis at noon on Friday, October 27. Join community members, elected officials, project partners and stakeholders for a ribbon-cutting at the east end of the new bridge.

This project to replace the original five-span, Warren through truss bridge that was built in 1925 has been a significant undertaking, not least because the bridge crosses over 24 tracks of the Burlington Northern Santa Fe (BNSF) North Town Yard. The new bridge's design was informed by community input and references the industrial history of the location. The bridge will also feature updated amenities for pedestrians and bicyclists, and an historic interpretive plaza. Please visit www.stapbridge.com/ for detailed information about the project.

The new St. Anthony Parkway Bridge represents a singularly collaborative effort on the part of the community and many jurisdictional partners. Now that the work is complete, it's time to celebrate!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 1.472 seconds