MUP (Michigan Upper Peninsula) Bicycle Tour

More
28 Nov 2017 17:11 #2811 by Johnny Pugh
Johnny Pugh created the topic: MUP (Michigan Upper Peninsula) Bicycle Tour
Red Rider and I are thinking about doing the MUP (Michigan Upper Peninsula) Bicycle Tour next July. I was wondering if anyone in TCBC has done this tour in the past? I looks like a great tour and it is put on by the League of Michigan Bicyclists (the same club that puts on the Michigan Shoreline West Tour). If you would like to share your experience with this tour please reply to this forum topic.
Thanks,
Johnny Pugh

Johnny Pugh

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Nov 2017 09:21 #2812 by Chuck Ryan
Chuck Ryan replied the topic: MUP (Michigan Upper Peninsula) Bicycle Tour
I waited to see if anyone would/could comment on your specific question about the tour. Although I can’t make a comment about any experience with this tour as I haven’t done it, but I’ve spent lots time traveling around the state over the years. I didn’t check to see the route of the MUP tour, but I really enjoy the Upper Peninsula as I find it very picturesque. Years ago I came across a bike tour (lots of cyclist) near the small town of Newberry, Besides driving around the UP, I’ve canoed the Manistique River and last year I did a solo self-contained bike ride across the length of the Upper Peninsula as part of my 20 day 1300 mile tour from home. This doesn’t specifically address the question about how well the tour is run and if you have spent time in the UP before then you have an idea about the scenery…so maybe this isn’t any help…if so, please disregard.

Chuck Ryan
The following user(s) said Thank You: Johnny Pugh

More
29 Nov 2017 11:30 #2813 by Johnny Pugh
Johnny Pugh replied the topic: MUP (Michigan Upper Peninsula) Bicycle Tour
Thanks for the information Chuck. The MUP route goes from St. Ignace to Newberry to Paradise to Sault Ste Marie to De Tour Village and back to St. Ignace. The group that you saw in Newberry could have been on the MUP tour! The tour is put on by the League of Michigan Bicyclists and they do a very good job of running bicycle tours with their awesome volunteers.
Thanks for the reply!
Johnny

Johnny Pugh

Time to create page: 0.293 seconds