Kentucky Horsey Hundred

More
05 Feb 2018 14:37 #2867 by Mark Thornsjo
Mark Thornsjo created the topic: Kentucky Horsey Hundred
A group of us is planning to go to this Memorial Day weekend event; see info per this link: www.horseyhundred.com/ .

Pete and Karen May have set up a team, Team TCBC, so if you're interested in going be sure to include yourself on our team. Any interest, questions or such, contact Mark Thornsjo (mthornsjo-at-comcast-dot-net - you're not a robot, so you can figure it out!).

Transport and lodging plans just getting underway. It's a one-day+ drive so likely look to carpool as vehicles allow, but whatever. Lodging likely to be a mix of some camping, some doing motels - there's also a dorm option. See the event website for much more info.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Feb 2018 06:52 #2868 by Catherine
Catherine replied the topic: Kentucky Horsey Hundred
I'm from Cincinnati and I participated in Horsey Hundred many times when I lived down there. Horsey is a fantastic organized ride! The Bluegrass Cycling club does an amazing job of orchestrating the event to include all levels of riders and the hills and horse farms of Kentucky are stunning. The local music scene incorporated into the event, the Southern hospitality, and the food make it well worth the drive. Can't recommend it enough!

More
07 Feb 2018 09:19 #2869 by Michael
Michael replied the topic: Kentucky Horsey Hundred
For those thinking of this ride. It's fun. I've done it several times. There are various routes that go through horse country. the tobacco farms are being converted to vineyards, so there are wineries there as well. You might even see a castle. Not kidding. The people are very friendly as well.

Mike Kubes

Time to create page: 0.390 seconds