TCBC BOARD MEETING
Tuesday, January 6, 2015 6:30 PM 
Maplewood Board Room

Attendance/Call to Order

Board Members Present: 

Diane Ziemer, Ed Eroe, Paul Frenz, Kasey Kramer, Pete May, Gina McCrone, Fran Rabe,   

Board Members Absent: George Blank, George Hagemann 

Non- Board Members Present

Bob Fix, Pete Hawkins, Kate Kovar,  Mike Kubes, Scott Larson,  Kristi Linder, Doug Nelson, Jim Pederson, Patt Seleen, Brian Skoog

The meeting was called to order at 6:36 pm – Diane

Minutes

The minutes from December 2, 2014 were reviewed.  Minor amendments were suggested and noted.  Pete made a motion to accept the minutes with the suggested amendments.  Gina seconded the motion.  The motion was passed.

Committee Reports

Treasurers Report – Roger Fickbohm.  

Refer to report dated November and December 2014 for detail.  Refer to Twin Cities Treasurer Report – Dec 2014.

The use of Amazon Smile was discussed.  It was decided not to pursue this venture.

Membership Report; Report Dated January 1, 2015(Scott Larson and Kristi Linder)

Refer to the reports for detail.  Broad trends/statistics were discussed.

The issue of consent for notice of annual meetings was again discussed.  We would like to incorporate language within new and renewal membership applications, which allows the member to consent to receipt of notice of the Annual Meeting by electronic means.  While it will take over a year to fully implement this, due to gradual membership renewal, implementation of this will allow us to save the expense associated with mailing notice to all members about the Annual Meeting.  A Minnesota statute requires us to obtain member consent as it relates to this matter.  This was a motion, which was approved at a previous board meeting. 

Action Step:  Membership will check to see where the language can be inserted.  We may need to have Neon make these changes.

The paper forms on the Newsletter would also need the language incorporated.  Paul will send the exact wording to Doug and Steve.

Ride Key Committee

A 10 person committee, consisting of various ride levels and abilities, has generated several new documents related to a new ride key and tools to ensure comprehensive and accurate ride descriptions.  Refer to Ride Key Committee documents for details.  The ride leader section of the web site will provide these tools for leaders to access when planning/scheduling a ride.  They will be available on the web site by January 24th.  

Fran made a motion to approve the changes.  Ed seconded it.  The motion passed.

Sponsorship Committee – Kate Kovar

Kate provided a comprehensive review on the committee’s activities.  Refer to report dated January 2015 for detail.

Of note, revenue is down due to no Carbon Fiber sponsor.  In addition, expenses have increased.  It is anticipated that the revenue for sponsorship will be in the red.

As discussed previously by the board, a policy is needed to ensure ride leaders do not schedule conflicting rides with sponsor rides.  This has occurred on more than one occasion with one sponsor, who was very upset.  Pete Hawkins will draft a policy related to this.

Kate emphasized that any changes in the newsletter are brought forth to Sponsorship, as changes could impact contractual agreements with sponsors.

Jersey Committee Report – Patt

A jersey was selected at the December, 2014 Board Meeting.  We can offer 2 color options without incurring additional expenses.  All attendees had the opportunity to vote on an additional color choice.

Jerseys will be available to try on at the banquet and at selected Eriks and Penn bike shops as well.  Shipping will be $9 dollars per shipment (regardless of quantity).  

It was noted that the committee did a lot of work to select jerseys and identify a vendor. Steve Scott tirelessly worked on many designs.   

Volunteer Activities – Mike Kubes

An Events Coordinator is needed, in addition to a coordinator for the Ironman.

Minors Policy

There was an involved discussion regarding minors riding with the club.  Insurance and liability issues impact the decisions related to this issue.  The topic has been tabled for another meeting.

Ride Leader Forum

The forum will be held on Wednesday, April 8, 2015.  The location has not yet been determined.

VIP/Ride Leader Gifts – Gina

A Banjo Brothers back pack was demonstrated and passed around to the board members as a potential gift.  Discussion ensued regarding authorization to purchase these as gifts.  The purchase would result in exceeding the budget for the gifts by about $1,000.  A motion was made by Pete to approve the purchase.  Paul provided a 2nd motion.  The motion passed.    

Other Business

None

Adjourn Meeting – All

A motion to adjourn the meeting was made by Kasey.  The motion was seconded by Pete.  The motion passed.  The meeting adjourned at 852 pm

Final Version by FR 2/12/15