Meeting Minutes for TCBC Board Meeting

December 6, 2016

Life Link III Board Room

Board Members Present: Edward Eroe, Fran Rabe, Kasey Kramer, Mike Kubes, Pete May, Bob Fix, Shelby Miller.

Board Members Not Present: George Blank, Diane Ziemer, and Roger Fickbohm.

Non Board Members Present: Doug Nelson, Pete Hawkins, Mary Derks.

The meeting was called to order at 6:35 pm.

The minutes from November were reviewed. There was one spelling error. A motion was made by Bob to accept the amended meeting minutes, and it was seconded by Pete. No opposition, the motion passed.

Reports/Committees

There was no financial report this month.

Volunteer

Mike informed the board that a banquet committee has been formed. The club will need an Ironman volunteer to run and staff the booth at the 2017 Ironman ride.

Technology Committee

Edward presented to the board on this topic. The technology committee met recently, looking at new technology and our current systems and security. Bob Floyd attended the meeting to present about the “Ride with GPS” system. The committee is currently looking at what other systems are available that are similar. The committee will be meeting again.

Ride Stats

Bob informed the board that ride stats is almost done with the 2016 ride year. There are a few issues with some PDF files coming in blank. The board will need a list of the ride leaders who qualify for the ride leader gift this year. The board will also need the top ten mileage leaders for men and women, and a list of registered attendees so we can print mileage sheets for those who attend. Bob and Mary will collect this information.

Pete also needs volunteer of the year award nominees soon. Email nominee information to him as soon as possible please.

Membership

Mary spoke to the board regarding membership data. There was a slight uptick in membership with the free membership with new bike program. There is still an overall down trend in membership. Membership will be tracking the free memberships from the bike program to see if they renew.

General Business

Newsletter

Doug updated the board on the newsletter developments. Dick Voss recently passed away, and there will be something in the upcoming newsletter about him, as well as about Kathy Horton. There will possibly be an article from Dan Miller. The deadline is this Thursday. There will need to be a write up in the newsletter about the upcoming banquet.

Calendar

Fran talked to the board regarding the calendars that were recently made up. The thought was that they could be offered for sale on the website and mailed out to people. Mary Derks can set up the website to have them for sale along with our other merchandise. We will also ask Jim P to put something on the website to direct people to where the calendars are being offered for sale.

Jerseys

Steve Scott is working on new jersey designs for a future release of the club jersey. Any color design suggestions that people have please pass on to him. He hopes to have some examples to display at the next meeting.

Upcoming Events

Award Banquet is January 28, 2017

Swap Meet is March 25, 2017

Leader Forum will be April 10th, 2017

New Ride Leader Training dates have been set for January 21st, February 25th, and March 18th.

A motion was made by Mike to adjourn the meeting, it was seconded by Kasey. Meeting adjourned at 7:54 pm.