Meeting Minutes for TCBC Board Meeting

12-5-17

Life Link III Board Room

Roll Call

Board Members Present: Shelby Miller, Mike Kubes, Ann Harris, Kasey Kramer, Bob Fix, Fran Rabe, George Blank, Roger Fickbohm, and Pete May.

Board Members Not Present: Edward Eroe.

Non-Board Members Present: Doug Nelson, Steve Scott, Pete Hawkins.

The meeting was called to order at 6:30pm.

The meeting minutes from November were reviewed. There was one correction to be made to the attendance section. A motion was made by Bob to accept the corrected minutes, and it was seconded by Mike. There was no opposition, the motion passed.

Committee Reports

Treasurer’s Report

Roger reviewed the club’s financial data with the board, including the account balances and a rundown of invoices and deposits. There is one outstanding check over 30 days. The checking account balance is good when compared to past years. Roger changed or shortened some of the income and expense account descriptions to make the reports fit better, thus using less paper.

Ride Stats Committee

Bob told the board that the 2017 ride year is officially closed. The mileage math was not correctly calculated, so total mileage for the club for the year is a little off. Michele will fix this error. Per the membership report the club had the highest number of members doing a ride this year. There is no update to the calendar discussion at this time. The calendar we have will suffice until a new program is created.

Night Ride Rules

Bob stated he would like to put something in the newsletter about the new night ride key. Steve showed the board a graphic of the new ride key. For display in the newsletter the ride key takes up a whole page, but the paragraph at the top of the ride key will go on the previous page. Something will also go up on the club’s homepage as well. The new night rides have not been added as a ride category in ride stats yet. Ride leaders should enter “night B’, and these rides can be altered on the back end. Some feedback we have been getting from riders is that they are liking the verbiage of the new night ride key and would like to see one for mountain bike rides as well.

Volunteer Committee

Mike stated there is not much going on at this time of the year. No Ironman booth will be needed this spring. The awards banquet committee will need people soon.

Jersey Committee

Mike and the committee looked at many different vendors for new jerseys. They also looked at other products, shipping, service, etc. Mt Borah is the vendor the committee has chosen.
There is a committee meeting with Borah next Monday to move forward. The end goal is to have riders wearing the new jersey at the spring all club ride. Fran asked if Borah could supply promotional items as well for the club to sell. Mike and the committee will be bringing this up to Borah at the next meeting.

Newsletter

Doug will need items by Thursday night in order to be in the next newsletter. Doug will be doing a write up about the recent annual meeting, and also a story about the break in at the club’s storage locker. The newsletter will also run a blurb alerting members about the upcoming awards banquet.

General Business

Banquet Planning

Mike has a list of last year’s awards banquet committee members, and also a list of members who indicated they had an interest in in volunteering. This should give the club a good group of people to make up the awards banquet planning committee.

Banner and Flag

Steve obtained price estimates for a new banner, flag, and base. The banner will cost $158.84 and a base is $32.00. A double-sided flag is $263.00. Steve asked if there was any concern regarding purchasing new materials. There was no concern from anyone. Fran asked if the money will come out of operating reserve for this purchase? Yes, it was indicated that was where the money would come from. Mike made a motion for the club to purchase a new banner and flag, and it was seconded by Pete. No opposition, the motion passed.

TCBC Website Domain

Bob told the board that Michele has the login’s/password for the club’s website domain, and is not responding to requests for this information. We could possibly change domain names, but this would be problematic. Bob is going to try to contact the registrar and explain the situation and see if we can regain control of the domain.

Board Meeting Schedule

Shelby told the board he is looking at the possibility of moving the monthly board meeting to a different night. The board meetings would be moved to Monday nights, and the second Monday of each month, to make it easier for budget numbers and newsletter business. There was no opposition from board members. Bob made a motion to move the board meeting to the second Monday of each month, and it was seconded by Mike. Bob will contact Jim P and have him move the already scheduled meetings for 2018 to their new spots.

Greenway Partnership

George spoke to the board on this topic. The Midtown Greenway Coalition is looking for area organizations to partner with them to extend the Greenway over the river and into St. Paul. There is no financial cost to the club. A motion was made by George to add the club’s name to the list of sponsors of the Greenway Coalition. It was seconded by Pete M. There was no opposition, the motion passed. Paul Frenz will represent the club within the coalition.

Ride Leader Gifts

Shelby is looking for ideas for ride leader gifts for the upcoming awards banquet. Gift cards have been used in the past, and are an easy gift, plus they benefit local sponsors. A suggestion was made to give ride leaders a gift card toward the purchase of a new jersey or promotional item. Mike will discuss with Borah if it is possible for them to manufacture a code or something for us to physically give ride leaders at the banquet. Roger will find out what amount is budgeted per ride leader.

Board emails

Shelby asked when outside emails come to the board, whose job is it to respond? Fran stated that she always responded to the emails. When an email comes to the whole board should the response go to the whole board as well, so that the board can all see that a response has been made? Yes, at this point board members are asked to “reply to all” so that emails go to the entire board.

A motion was made by Bob to adjourn the meeting, it was seconded by Pete M. No opposition from the board. The meeting was adjourned at 8:40pm.

Meeting minutes recorded by Kasey Kramer