Andrew Hartle

• Dr. Michael Hartle
  • Topic Author
More
14 May 2018 21:28 #3163 by Dr. Michael Hartle
Andrew Hartle was created by Dr. Michael Hartle
Good evening. My name is Dr. Michael Hartle, oldest son of Andrew Hartle. Earlier today he was found on the floor of his house in Mesa, AZ, where by all accounts he had been lying for the last ~48 hours. He was transported to Mountain View Medical Center via EMS around 1100 PDT. I spoke with him earlier and he sounded very groggy and short of breath. They are running blood tests, CT scans and MRIs to help determine the cause and diagnosis. I am not sure if this is place to write about this, but I know that many of the TCBC members go to Arizona during the winter months in MN and know him. If I could ask 2 favors: 1. Please say prayers for him and his recovery; 2. If you know of anyone that still lives down there, please ask that they go see him. My younger sister, who lives in Oregon, will be there this Thursday. I will be flying down May 25th. My cell is 260-710-6659 in case anyone wishes to contact me. Thank you.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Valerie Olson

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 May 2018 22:31 #3165 by Valerie Olson
Replied by Valerie Olson on topic Andrew Hartle
Very sorry to hear this. Please give him all our good wishes for a speedy and full recovery.

More
14 May 2018 22:48 #3166 by Sueblum
Replied by Sueblum on topic Andrew Hartle
Michael,

I value my friendship with Andy. I am praying for his recovery and renewed health, as I am sure all his TCBC buddies are. Please give him our best, and keep us updated. Sue Blum

• Dr. Michael Hartle
  • Topic Author
More
22 May 2018 16:58 #3196 by Dr. Michael Hartle
Replied by Dr. Michael Hartle on topic Andrew Hartle
This is an email that went out to family last night about my father, Andrew Hartle, and his status.

"Hi All,

Today was a busy day. Lots of people came in today. Because of renal failure, dialysis was done on dad again. The Infectious Disease Dr. came in and spoke to Mary and me. The lab report for the possible C-Dif came back negative, so we did not need to wear gowns while in dads ICU room. She really wants to find the source of the bacteria in his body. She upped to dosage of antibiotics this morning. She, along with some of the other Dr.'s have also started scheduling several procedures. Cardiology will perform the TEE and Echo tests in the next 24-48 hours. The TEE and echo should help to see if there is any bacteria build up on the heart/in the valves. Another area where the bacteria could be residing is in his spine. That would require surgery to get out supposedly....down the road if at all an option.

RN then came in and confirmed some timing: MRI of spine will be Tuesday at 9:00, TEE in next 24-48 hours (waiting on cardiology to sign off/schedule) Nuclear Med Study will also be done where they will draw blood on Tuesday and study it Wed. Blood cultures continue to show infection. White blood count is high...23.4 and was 21.1 yesterday. GFR (kidney function) is 11......10 means dialysis for life??

The Intensive Care Dr. came in a few minutes later. Oxygen levels are good, chest X-ray is clean, mental status (the fact that he is asleep and wont wake up) is the biggest concern, (along with the sepsis/blood infection). He reiterated that the infection source needs to be found. He said, if by day 14, he still has not regained consciousness, then bigger discussions are usually started.

Sr. Resident Dr. came in to review things, go over a lot of the above, etc.

Respiratory Therapist is in...dad is only on 30% oxygen, same as since last Friday late...has gone down since intubation.

The two main medicines he is on now are antibiotics for the sepsis and Heparin drip to prevent any further blood clots. He is not on any sedation medicine, again allowing for him to wake up if his body so chooses.

Appreciate the prayers and thoughts coming."

More
22 May 2018 17:17 #3197 by Kate Kovar
Replied by Kate Kovar on topic Andrew Hartle
Thank you for the update. We have been wondering how Andy is doing. We enjoyed lots of bike rides with him this winter and feel so badly this health crisis has occurred. He and your family continue to be in our thoughts and prayers.

K. Kovar

More
22 May 2018 21:16 #3199 by Nancy Welsh
Replied by Nancy Welsh on topic Andrew Hartle
Thank you for the update. Prayers and thoughts for Andy, and prayers and thoughts for the family.

Time to create page: 0.070 seconds