file FYI: Traffic Light Caution: Green Light for all intersections!

More
03 Aug 2018 16:40 #3478 by S C
Hi,

Last Monday evening I was riding north to a ride in Roseville, I stopped for a north/south facing red traffic light at the intersection of Victoria and Larpenteur. I was watching the east/west green traffic light waiting for it to turn red, when I noticed the truck waiting to travel north(same direction as myself) drove through the intersection. As I continued to watch the green east/west light, I thought to myself, "Did that truck just go through a red light?" I turned to look at the north light signal, and the signal was green. I turned back to the east/west light and the signal was green : each intersection had a green light for a brief moment in time(or longer moment than is normal). A car traveling west put on its brakes so the east/west light must have changed to red. An elderly woman stood on the corner waiting to cross with a rather perplexed look on her face, perhaps thinking something to the effect, "Something's not right, but I can't put my finger on it."

I hope this makes sense.

So when out cycling, make sure that when you're waiting for the green at an intersection, the other direction has a red. It's probably a fluke.

Take care and safe cycling!

-Sam
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mike Beadles, Linda, Steven Sikkila, Stephan Hodges

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Aug 2018 13:03 #3489 by Stephan Hodges
And look again after the light changes! I almost got hit by a car 2 years ago running the light at Mounds View Blvd and Cty Rd H. I had to jump backwards off the bike. No injuries, but a large adrenaline rush.

More
04 Aug 2018 15:58 #3490 by Mike Beadles
I've never tried it yet, but I believe "311" can be used to report traffic signal issues. www.ci.minneapolis.mn.us/regservices/traffic/index.htm

Mike Beadles

More
04 Aug 2018 15:59 #3491 by Mike Beadles

Time to create page: 0.092 seconds