file Looking for riders in Ramsey/Anoka area

More
07 Sep 2018 16:16 #3605 by Heather
I am looking for people to ride with in the Anoka/Ramsey area.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Sep 2018 19:19 #3630 by Stephan Hodges
Replied by Stephan Hodges on topic Looking for riders in Ramsey/Anoka area
There's a "C" (fairly slow and very social) ride every Friday starting at Coon Rapids Dam (west side parking lot).

There's some faster rides (B/C) available close by (Elm Creek Park, CARS Bike shop, CR Dam), etc. as well on different days.

What type of riding are you looking for, and what distances?

More
18 Sep 2018 19:54 #3631 by Heather
Replied by Heather on topic Looking for riders in Ramsey/Anoka area
Thank you. I will check these out. I am looking for B rides. I usually ride around 25 miles 3-4x a week. I will look of the B rides you referenced. Thank you.

More
19 Sep 2018 15:43 #3635 by Stephan Hodges
This late in the season, most people are riding at the upper end of the posted average (pace). B/C rides, for example, are often riding at 14-15 mph for half the ride. Coupled with slowing and stopping at lights and signs, it brings the average down to the B/C range.

Also, ride lengths are usually 32-38 miles or more, which can be a little tiring at first. "B" rides seem to me to be riding at 16-18 mph for much of the ride (and averaging around 15). So, both "B" and "B/C" rides are good possibilities for you.

Lots of rides out of western portion as well. Might as well look at them all and check out how long it would take (time) to drive to the start <smile>. That's what I do. It's surprising sometimes how quickly you can get to a ride. I usually ignore distance, just check the time en route - haha.

More
19 Sep 2018 15:45 #3636 by Stephan Hodges
Tomorrow's "Les Mis(s)" ride, for example, has a mixture of very fast, fast, not so fast and "relaxed pace" riders. They sort out into various groups. That would give you opportunities to try out various paces and distances. It has a 30 mile, 37, and a 42 mile option that I recall.

More
20 Sep 2018 11:19 #3638 by Marc Hirschmann
Replied by Marc Hirschmann on topic Looking for riders in Ramsey/Anoka area
Heather,

If you are new to the club, then welcome. If you are not, then probably you already know what I'm about to describe.

Though I don't usually ride in that area and Stephan has already given you some good information, I would just like to add that the grades of TCBC rides sometimes are not completely ideal guides. Some rides break up into faster and slower groups, and so something seemingly outside your ideal range might still be suitable. Also, some rides have shorter (and longer) options than the official posted distance. Sometimes these details are evident in the ride description, but otherwise you can email the ride leader for clarification .

Marc

Time to create page: 0.062 seconds