question-circle Membership expired???

More
30 Apr 2019 06:43 #3920 by Kim
Membership expired??? was created by Kim
I paid my membership for the 2019 season on April 3, 2019. Today I got a notice today that my membership expired. Is there a "blurp" in the system I don't know about?? Kim

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Apr 2019 09:24 #3921 by Paul Loughman
Replied by Paul Loughman on topic Membership expired???
It 'was' true, that the system shows a renewed membership as 'expired' on the day of expiration, but only for twenty-four hours. Check tomorrow, and you should be fine.

More
30 Apr 2019 09:24 #3922 by Bob Fix
Replied by Bob Fix on topic Membership expired???
Was the message in ridestats or were you sent an email of some sort?

Most members know this and has been discussed over the past couple of years, but on the date of your TCBC anniversary - Ridestats will show the membership as expired because whether your membership is renewed 6 months ahead of time, a month ahead of time, or the day before, our membership system that we export out member information and import into Ridestats works in a year only.

So when the next membership upload goes into the system (today or tomorrow), you will then be shown as active again. It is unfortunately how the membership system calculates your membership "year" and ride stats has to work within it.

If you received an email from TCBC about membership being expired - then contact membership@biketcbc.org so that they can look into what may have occurred.

Thanks,

Bob

Bob Fix

More
30 Apr 2019 10:33 #3925 by Kim
Replied by Kim on topic Membership expired???
Thanks Bob for the explanation.

More
13 May 2019 09:00 #3961 by Stephan Hodges
Replied by Stephan Hodges on topic Membership expired???
Also, the reminder letter does NOT check if you have already renewed. I renewed over a month ago, and just got a letter today saying my membership is expiring very soon (false).

The text of the letter could at least be changed to say that my membership "may" be expiring IF I haven't yet renewed, etc.

More
13 May 2019 09:04 #3962 by Bob Fix
Replied by Bob Fix on topic Membership expired???
Stephen,

Could you forward the email / scan the letter and send to tcbcboard@biketcbc.org We'd like to review the messaging at our board meeting tonight.

Thanks,

Bob

Bob Fix

Time to create page: 0.083 seconds