file Glubby’s Fat Tire Ride Update

More
04 Oct 2018 08:09 #3679 by Johnny Pugh
Glubby’s Fat Tire Ride Update was created by Johnny Pugh
Glubby’s Fat Tire Ride is just one day away! Right now the weather forecast looks pretty good with rain ending Friday morning. Hopefully the trails will be dry by the 1:30 PM ride start on Friday.
The Friday ride is listed as either a point to point ride or an out and back ride. The ride start will be at the OO Trailhead. If you plan on doing the point to point ride, the end of the ride will be at the Cable Trailhead, located on Randysek Road next to the Cable Fire Department. The point to point riders will need to make car pool or shuttle arrangements. Red Rider and I plan on doing the out and back ride from the OO Trailhead. We can drive someone’s car from the OO Trailhead to the Cable Trailhead after our ride if needed. Contact me at 651-485-0451 if you would like me to move your car to Cable.
I highly recommend that everyone have a map of the trails that they are riding. Maps can be purchased at New Moon Ski & Bike, in Hayward.
Cell phone coverage is pretty limited on the trails. For safety reasons, I recommend that no one rides alone. Please find a ride partner!
I listed a link to the CAMBA Trail Guide and Trailhead directions below.
I’m looking forward to seeing everyone on the trails!
Johnny Pugh

CAMBA Trail Guide link:
www.cambatrails.org/wp-content/uploads/2...uide2016-FINAL-2.pdf
OO TRAILHEAD
Directions: 10 miles north of Hayward on Hwy 63, turn right (east) on County Hwy OO for 3.5 miles to Birkie Trail. Water available on west side of garage building.
CABLE TRAILHEAD
Directions: Approaching Cable from the south on Highway 63 turn right (east) on Highway M. Drive 1/2 block and turn right onto Randysek Rd. Park in the municipal parking lot adjacent to the Fire Department. Water available.
NAMAKAGON TRAILHEAD
Directions: Take County Hwy M east from Cable 10 miles to the intersection of County Hwy D. Town Hall is on the right. Water available.

Johnny Pugh

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Oct 2018 16:19 #3680 by Johnny Pugh
Replied by Johnny Pugh on topic Glubby’s Fat Tire Ride Update
I got word today that Hwy. OO heading east from Hwy. 63 has "Road Closed" signs up because of the Birkie overpass being put in. But it's open to the OO Trailhead, so it won't be a problem for us. Work should be completed Thursday afternoon, so the signs should be gone anyway.
Thanks to Mark Yerg for keeping us informed.

Johnny Pugh

More
05 Oct 2018 08:48 - 05 Oct 2018 08:49 #3681 by Johnny Pugh
Replied by Johnny Pugh on topic Glubby’s Fat Tire Ride Update
The rain, in Cable, quit at 7:00 AM. The trails drain pretty quickly, so it should be good for our 1:30 PM ride start. The forecast for the Cable area calls for cool and cloudy weather for the next 3 days, but no rain. Sounds almost perfect for mountain biking!
All the rooms at the Lake Owen Resort are ready and you can check in before the ride today if you want to unload your vehicle before the ride today.
I'm looking forward to seeing everyone.
Johnny

Johnny Pugh
Last edit: 05 Oct 2018 08:49 by Johnny Pugh.

Time to create page: 0.079 seconds