Taylor Made Ride This Saturday 10:00a from "Lindstrom" - Fall Colors!

More
10 Oct 2018 15:11 #3694 by Bob Floyd
Bob, Bonnie & Chuck's Excellent Taylor Made Kruze "GROUP 5" Routes (46/51 miles)

This route is a take-off on the classic route "Taylor Made" by Bonnie & Rick Shoebottom and also borrows from routes by Chuck Ryan. And me, too! The original Taylor Made route started in Forest Lake, but this route starts in Chisago City, about 8 miles north of Forest Lake on US Highway 8. It's a long way out to the ride start for most people, but it is very well worth it.

The route now borrows County Rd 16 / Wild Mountain Rd & super duper Coffee Talk rest stop from routes by Chuck Ryan. I suppose I get credit for tying Bonnie & Chuck's routes together plus the return from Osceola.

The "must see" features are [1] Wild Mountain Rd north of Taylors Falls, [2] Wisconsin Interstate Park descent/ascent (adds 5.5 miles & 442 ft of climbing) and [3] County Rd "S" on the way to Osceola. The roads are mostly country roads and in beautiful shape, very scenic and fairly low traffic - relatively untouched by TCBC cyclists in the last few years - beautiful rolling country roads. The descent/ascent into Wisconsin Interstate Park is optional and adds 4.8 miles & 417 ft of climbing.

Optional rest stops in Taylors Falls are "Coffee Talk" and "The Drive In" (an outdoor A&W type place). In Osceola optional rest stops are BP Gas (better than it sounds) and Watershed Cafe.

The ride start is at Paradise Park, 11031 Stinson Ave, Chisago City, MN 55013. It is sort of behind the Highway 8 Kwik Trip (south) plus a tiny bit west on Stinson. Bathroom is at the ride start and also at the Kwik Trip.

I don't ride in crummy/nasty weather, so if it's bad outside, I'll probably not ride. If there is a leader present at the ride start who wants to lead, so be it. Otherwise I'll probably cancel at the ride start, or do a shorter route.

46 Mile "Excellent" Route: ridewithgps.com/routes/28708729
51 Mile "Most Excellent" Route (includes park descent): ridewithgps.com/routes/28708781

Bob Floyd, 651-235-5953

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.062 seconds