file WI HILLS MENOMONIE, Sunday 5/12

More
09 May 2019 07:22 #3953 by Tony Wanschura
WI HILLS MENOMONIE, Sunday 5/12 was created by Tony Wanschura
Ride time is 10:00 AM.

Depart from Riverside Park in Menomonie, WI. Take I-94 to Menomonie, then 25 south to 29, then right on 29 (11th Avenue) across the river and first right into the small parking lot on the north side of 29.

This is a scenic route north from Menomonie, through Knapp and Boyceville and farther north, returning through Wheeler. Mileage options are 50, 56, 60, 64, and 78. All routes have at least two rest stops (Boyceville and Wheeler), with optional stops at Knapp and the Grain Bin Market ( www.grainbinmarketandbakery.com/ ). While there are a few hills that might challenge you, this is not a particularly hilly route, with about 4200 feet of climbing on the longest option. I'll be bringing up the rear on either the 50 or 56 mile route, taking my time, enjoying the solitude, and searching out trillium (it's the season). So, if you're like-minded, you will have someone to ride with. Otherwise, the lead group will welcome you. As with all rides in this part of Wisconsin, please be self-sufficient (just in case), and have some map reading skills. A map and cue sheet will be provided.

Please, even if you have no doubt about the weather, be sure to check for Ride Cancellation on the day of the ride, two hours prior to ride start time (or call or text the ride leader at 651-468-4382).

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.057 seconds