file I just listed an "Adventure Ride" for Sunday, November 24th at 10:00 AM

More
21 Nov 2019 15:21 - 21 Nov 2019 15:22 #4540 by Johnny Pugh
The Urban Growler Trail Adventure South
This route is about 70 percent trails and 30 percent roads. Most of the trails have beautiful pavement. The adventure part is on the trails that are older, rougher and could be covered with plant debris and sand. And there will be two sections of packed limestone trail for about 3 miles total plus a couple of portages. The roads that we will be riding on are low traffic neighborhood roads and marked bike routes. At times it will feel like you are riding in the country, far from the city! A normal road bike will work just fine, but if you have one, a gravel or cyclocross bike would be a more comfortable choice. I am listing this as a TCBC B ride due to ride length and effort, not average speed. The average speed will probably be 12-13 mph.
This route follows some complex trails with many turns, so the ride leaders will make an attempt to keep the group together. We will ride at a “low B” pace and regroup as necessary to keep everyone together. If we have more than 10 riders, I will try to recruit another ride leader to ride sweep. A map and queue sheet will not be available, because they probably won’t be much help for riders wishing to ride ahead of the group. The RWGPS file will work well for those with mapping GPS units. The RWGPS file can be downloaded at this link: ridewithgps.com/routes/31496444?privacy_code=xWBPAmiv1mAsgcSa
If you are going to download the route to a GPS, wait until the day of the ride to make sure you have the latest version.
The route can also be previewed on Relive at this link: www.relive.cc/view/v36Ar31eNGq
There is one rest stop at Caribou Coffee or Subway at mile 27. If needed, there are other opportunities for restrooms along the route.
Please use on street parking near the Urban Growler Brewing Company and leave the parking lot open for other customers. The Urban Growler doesn’t open for business until 11:00 AM, but they will open the door inside the beer garden early so that we can use the restrooms and fill water bottles. The sign-up sheet and ride briefing will be held in the beer garden.
After the ride plan on joining us for food and refreshments at the Urban Growler. The Food and Beer menu can be viewed on their web site. urbangrowlerbrewing.com/
One last note: If you got your bike dirty on your Saturday ride, don’t spend a lot of time cleaning it for this ride. It will get dirty here!

Johnny Pugh
Last edit: 21 Nov 2019 15:22 by Johnny Pugh.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Nov 2019 07:04 #4543 by Johnny Pugh
If you were having trouble viewing the Ride with GPS route map, it was because I had mistakenly set it for "Private". I corrected that mistake so you should be able to view it now.

Johnny Pugh
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.065 seconds