file Updated: FREE BIKES 4 KIDZ Volunteers needed.

More
30 Sep 2019 11:36 #4389 by Tom
From FB4K:

Calling ALL Volunteers!!! It's time again to help Kids get into biking with FREE BIKES 4 KIDZ..

Please sign up ASAP! If we get more volunteers, we can add more sessions. I would like to thank everyone who volunteered last year lets make this year even better!!! To sign up for the 2 private session sign up on meetup with your job assignment or email tomhewes@gmail.com with your job.

We have reserved 2 TCBC private group sessions, Saturday October 19, 3:00-6:00pm and Sunday November 10, 12:00-3:00pm.

We need 22 Mechanics, 10 preppers and 8 cleaners. The job descriptions are posted at the bottom.

We also have a open weekday session on October 7th at 9:00-12:00 to sign up for this or any other session, Checkout their website if you would like to volunteer on different day. I am sure they would love to have you. Sign up at this link fb4k.org/volunteer/ The site will ask "I am signing up for a shift as an individual or with a group: choose group, and use "TCBC". They have a serveral thousands of bikes calling your name! Let’s go above and beyond for Free Bikes 4 Kidz! Hope to overwhelm this wonderful organization with our help. Thanks in advance for helping share you love of cycling.

fb4k.org

FB4K is a non-profit organization geared toward helping all kids ride into a happier, healthier childhood by providing bikes to those most in need. The public donates gently used bikes, and they organize thousands of volunteers to clean and refurbish them, and then they give them away to kids in need.

Who wants a weekday shift to consider Monday through Thursday, Oct. 7 - Oct. 10th, but you can sign up for any weekday that works for you. You will need to sign up on the volunteer page.

Jobs at the warehouse include:
Cleaner - help wipe down and shine donated bikes to get them ready to be fixed.
Prepper (10) - complete an inspection to make sure that specific components of each bike is functional and safe.
Mechanic (22) - complete one final inspection to make sure each bike is functional and safe.

Monday - Thursdays: 9am - Noon; Noon - 3pm, 3 - 6pm and 6 - 9pm
Fridays: 9am - Noon; Noon - 3pm, 3 - 6pm
Saturdays: 9 - Noon; Noon - 3pm and 3 to 6pm
Sundays: Noon - 3 pm and 3 - 6pm

Any question you can email or call me.

tomhewes@gmail.com
651-230-6090

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Oct 2019 09:10 #4447 by Tom
We could use another 5 people for Saturday October 19 at 3:00pm.. If you are planing on going please email, text or call me.

Thanks

Tom
tomhewes@gmail.com

651-230-6090

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.065 seconds