Meeting Minutes for TCBC Board Meeting

4-15-19

Life Link III Board Room

Roll Call/Meeting Minutes

Board Members Present: Mike Kubes, Kasey Kramer, Bob Fix, Shelby Miller, Edward Eroe, George Blank, Ann Harris, Fran Rabe, and Dick Stardig.

Non-Board Members Present: Steve Scott, Doug Nelson, Mary Derks, and Pete Hawkins.

The meeting was called to order at 6:30pm.

The meeting minutes from March were reviewed. There were a few spelling corrections to be made. A motion was made by Edward to approve the corrected minutes, and it was seconded by Ann. The motion passed with no opposition.

Ride Stats

Bob told the board that a number of items have been sent to Michele, including some issues with Ride with GPS links, and fixing the issue with the calendar display on mobile devices.

Technology Committee

Edward stated the committee met to discuss slides for the ride leader forum. A phone meeting has been set up to discuss the website design with a club member who might be interested in helping.

Volunteer Committee

Mike spoke to the Ironman/Free Bikes 4 Kids about Ironman volunteers. It does not look as though there will be a North Star Bicycle Fest this year. They are lacking funding and have started a “Go Fund Me” page. Mike said he would create a “kitchen supervisor” shift for the Watermelon Ride and put it on the website.

Safety Committee

There were no accidents to report.

Treasurer’s Report

Financial records were sent to the board by Roger ahead of time. The documents were reviewed at the meeting. Account balances were reviewed, there are a few uncashed checks. Things look out of whack since we paid Erik’s for ride leader gifts, when last year we paid Borah in March.

Membership

A report was sent to Bob prior to the meeting. Year to date the club is up 21 members, in the last month we are up 48 members.

Old Business

All Club Ride

Doug stated that all is looking good for the ride so far.

Meetup Group

Shelby told the board that the group is up and running, and so far is running smoothly. The board looked at the meetup website and reviewed how it works.

New Business

Sponsorship

There is a position open on the Sponsorship Committee. Mike will put something on the website looking for volunteers.

Combining Meetings

Pete H handed out a worksheet to board members detailing the pros and cons of combining the annual business meeting and the awards banquet. There is a question of do we combine the meeting and if so, when? Evie is actively looking for options for another venue to hold the combined meetings. Financial data from the two meetings could be examined to see how much cost savings the club could expect. Pete will contact Roger to collect financial data.

Evening Weekend Rides

Mary spoke to the board on this topic. With declining membership and a new influx of members from the meetup group how do we retain members and keep them riding? Would it be good to offer more weeknight and weekend rides to attract and keep more riders who work during the day? The club could possibly create a “ride director” position to help facilitate sharing of series rides to help fill out the ride schedule to attract and retain members. Pete H felt that when there was a need for rides in a certain areas or a certain level that ride leaders usually stepped up to fill the gap… Pete also suggested a “library” of ride maps and bike trail maps be made available to ride leaders to help them create routes for rides. Pete H will send out a notice to ride leaders letting them know of the need to fill the gaps in the schedule.

A motion was made by Mike to adjourn the meeting, and it was seconded by Edward. The meeting was adjourned at 8:50pm.

Meeting minutes recorded by Kasey Kramer